Create a new page
(1) Open your password-protected admin page:
(depending on where you installed the system)
The 'admin' folder can be given a different name if required.
(2) In the "Page title" box, enter the name of the page. Don't enter spaces or a file suffix (eg: .html or .php) — just normal text with no symbols except a dash if you want one. The name will the page's web address, eg: www.mysite.com/page-title
Note: The "Page title" for the home page must remain index.
(3) In the "Content" box, the first line entered will be the small text banner at the top of the page. To leave it blank (as on this page) just enter a hash # symbol.
The second line entered will become the large heading, like "How to" on this page. This text will also become the page title tag in the head of the page, displayed only in the top bar of the browser. Leave the third line blank. Anything entered from the fourth line onwards is the rest of the page content.
(4) Then click the "Create new page" button to create the page.
Format text in the "Content" box
When a blank line is entered between sections of text, HTML paragraph tags are auto-inserted. A single carriage return will insert a line break within a paragraph. You can also enter your own HTML markup. If for example, you create an HTML list, the paragraph tags will not be auto-inserted.
Note: Do not paste into the page anything copied from Microsoft Word. It will probably contain invalid characters that won't display properly in a web browser. If you want to use certain special characters (like the £ pound symbol) use the correct markup.
Edit an existing page
(1) In the "Page filename" box, enter the filename of the page to be edited. The filenames of all existing pages are listed below the buttons.
(2) Click the "Get page content" button to get the content into the content box.
(3) Edit the content, taking care to preserve the text banner on the first line and the page heading on the second line, then leaving the third line empty.
(4) Click the "Update page" button to save the page.
Delete an existing page
(1) In the "Page filename" box, enter the filename of the page to be deleted. The filenames of all existing pages are listed below the buttons.
(2) Click the "Delete page" button to delete the page.
If you deleted a page by accident, immediately after you did so, the page's filename and content should still be in their respective boxes. To recreate the page, click the "Create new page" button before doing anything else.
The navigation menu
When a page is created it will not automatically be listed in the navigation menu. To list a page in the navigation menu, enter a percent symbol % anywhere in the banner text (the first line in the content box), eg: %mypage. The percent symbol % is just a marker and will not be displayed in the banner. To hide the banner altogether, include a hash symbol # anywhere in the banner text, eg: #hidden banner text. A percent symbol % and hash # can be used in the banner at the same time, eg: #% banner text.
Except for 'home' and 'contact', the navigation menu is listed alphabetically unless you set it to manual in Setup.
Edit the sidebar
When the CMS is first installed, the sidebar contains:
It can be edited in Admin / Extra. Note that the file extra-content.php is a .php file and can contain scripts as well as HTML.
If you want a page to be password-protected, enter a tilde symbol ~ anywhere in the banner text, eg: ~banner text. The tilde is just a marker and will not be displayed in the banner. To hide the banner altogether, include a hash symbol # anywhere in the banner text, eg: #hidden banner text. A tilde ~ and hash # can be used in the banner at the same time, eg: #~ banner text.
A hash symbol #, percent symbol % and tilde ~ can be used in the banner at the same time, eg: #%~ banner text. In this example the banner text will not be visible in the page, the page will be listed in the navigation menu, and will be password-protected.
See also lost or forgotten passwords »
If spam is received via the contact page or comments form it can be controlled to a degree by using 'stopwords'. If a contact message or comment contains a stopword it will not be sent.
They can be entered by going to the setup page where there is a link to stopwords which opens the page where they can be entered.
Example stopwords (one per line):
rankings seo engines keywords freelance marketer sex http https bitcoin